Hagakura Records allows independent musicians to do whatever they want. As a result, most of our artists cover an array of genres and have leanings toward experimental styles. The label was founded by a prolific musician and former intern for a major indie label.
- Album art
- Logo design
- Promotional web graphics
- Uploading to Bandcamp, Soundcloud, iTunes, Amazon, and more
- Creating physical and digital CDs
- General management
Note: Hagakura Records is not involved with touring or general promotion. We don’t do live shows. We also don’t have a recording studio accessible to the public.
Submissions and comments
Interested in being a part of the Hagakura Records family? Send a digital demo CD to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Almighty Flaming Purple Octopus Ov Doom – An experimental blend of metal, deathcore, techno, and more.
- Astra Borealis – Quiet keyboard-based music, primarily piano and synthesizer. Influences include classical, new age, and ambient.
- I Stabbed Myself In The Eye With A Toothbrush Once – Experimental electronic music. Influences include 80s/90s video game soundtracks, techno, and noise.
- Ithil – Black metal and ambient inspired by the worlds of JRR Tolkien.
- Mortem Obire – Drone with ambient and doom metal influences.
- Subliminal Genocide – Experimental and varies from album to album. Songs can be ambient, noise, industrial, drone, or lowercase.
- The Taara Pentacle – Electronic music with gothic influences.
- Vllth – Progressive metal/rock with influences from post-metal and drone metal.
- Calabi Manifold – Experimental electronic music with surreal lyrics (often spoken word).
- Roflcopter Attack! – Electronic and techno.
Other labels we like
- Behold The Octopus Records – For black metal, acoustic black metal, and unlistenable garbage.
- The Network Of Individualized Sonic Extremism – Noise, drone, and more.
- Orb Tapes – Limited cassette runs of noise and experimental music.